Saturday, May 15, 2010

'Ard Boyz 2010 qualifiers: List

HQ
Wolf Priest w/ runic armor
Wolf Priest w/ jump pack and wolf tail talisman
Rune Priest w/ terminator armor
Rune Priest w/ beastslayer saga

TROOPS
Grey Hunters x10 w/ flamer x2, mark of the wulfen and wolf standard
Wolf Guard w/ frost blade

Grey Hunters x10 w/ meltagun x2
Wolf Guard w/ thunder hammer and storm bolter

Grey Hunters x10 w/ plasma gun x2 and plasma pistol
Wolf Guard w/ plasma pistol and frost blade

Grey Hunters x10 w/ flamer x2 power fist
Wolf Guard w/ terminator armor and power fist

Grey Hunters x10 w/ flamer x2
Wolf Guard w/ terminator armor and power fist


ELITES
Wolf Scouts x5 w/ melta gun and plasma pistol x2
Wolf Guard w/ plasma pistol

Wolf Scouts x5 w/ melta and plasma pistol x2
Wolf Guard w/ combi melta

FAST ATTACK
Blood Claws w/ jump packs and flamer
Wolf Guard w/ jump pack and power fist

HEAVY SUPPORT
Long Fangs x6 w/ missile launcher x5
Wolf Guard w/ terminator armor and cyclone missile launchers

Long Fangs x6 w/ missile launcher x5
Wolf Guard w/ terminator armor and cyclone missile launchers

The list i'm taking to 'ard boyz is a no frills list, it doesn't rely on gimmicks or broken combos, bending of rules or anything of that sort. It is a horde of counter attacking marines, being an ork player first I find this very pleasing to have a wave of infantry backed up by a good 3+ save.

My list lacks mobility for scoring units but in most cases I just send the scouts or jump packers to harass enemy objectives and make some last minute dashes to contest while firmly holding my own. Though I would love to get more than just flamers in most of my grey hunters I simply do not have any other special weapons for now. So I guess i'll just have to make do till I gain a few more special weapon marines.

In most of my games I have found that against most armies that don't rely all on shooting I can advance a bit and form a nice firing line. If an enemy engages I have more than enough stopping power to defeat them in assault.

No comments: