Thursday, April 17, 2008

Introductions

I generally do not have time enough to dedicate a full blown website for my favorite hobby. So I came up with the compromise of starting off as a blog and see where it goes from here. It may stay as a blog with all sorts of options that are available to the reader, or might one day spring up as a full blown website.

I named this site "The Wasted Warrior" mainly because one of my other non miniature hobbies is drinking. Nothing says fun like a night out on the town with close friends bar hopping. I also enjoy mixing drinks when i get the chance, though i am far from a bartender i do know quite a few drinks to keep a party going.

About myself:

I have been in the hobby since 1998 on the fateful day that I walked into a games workshop in NYC while skipping a school event. A week later i introduced this addiction to my close ring of friends and we have been playing ever since. Though it should be noted that I was "watching" the hobby since 1996 but I was in grammar school and did not have anyone local that would remotely be interested in the hobby...

Orks are my army of choice I have been playing them almost exclusively when it comes to 40k. Along with a Genestealer Cult army using the Lost and Damned rules. For Fantasy I have a Dark Elf army and the makings of a small Skaven force, we don't play much Fantasy in my group but I do enjoy the way units rank up so it doesn't bother me much.

Which brings me to my next subject I am more of a painter than a gamer, I enjoy sitting down converting things and painting them way more than I enjoy the game. Not to say that I dislike gaming that would be untrue as a value the social aspect of gaming greatly. I just find painting/converting to be very relaxing and I use my spare leisure time doing so.

Along with Games Workshop games I play a variety of skirmish games such as Dark Age, Infinity, Spinespur, Rezolution, AE-WWII and so on. I enjoy skirmish games because they allow for greater detail of what a miniature can do. That and most of the time the miniatures themselves are heaps better in design than some of the stuff GW puts out. Yet like battered wife syndrome you always go back to GW in one way or another.

No comments: