Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A gathering darkness in the sky...

Ok so I think I have finally gotten down more or less what I want to take here is the list:

Heros:
Goethe (master) w/ halberd, blood armor and pendant khaeleth
Sameth U'el (sorcerer) w/ lvl 2, dispel scroll and seal of ghrond
Nimue (sorceress) w/ lvl 2, tome of furion and dispel scroll
Jotan Woe Bringer (master)w/lance, heavy armor, sea dragon cloak, shield and dark pegasus

Core:
Corsairs x15 w/ full command and banner of cold blood
Corsairs x10 w/ musician and champ
Crossbowmen x10 w/ shields
Crossbowmen x10 w/ shields
Spearmen x16 w/ full command
Harpies x5
Harpies x5
Assassin w/ additional hand weapon and cloak of twilight

Special:
Cold One Chariot
Cold One Chariot
Executioners x12 w/ musician and champ
Shades x9

Rare:
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower

As always my army is semi-shooty whittling down some units before I hit with any of my hammer units. I know that none of my characters are strong or can go head to head against other enemy characters and that's fine. I don't tend to fight fair anyway why would I want to put my characters into any real danger.... No in true dark elf fashion I will pick on weaker units and run if the fight isn't going my way.

I initially wanted Jotan to carry a deathmask like he usually does but I didn't have the points. Also I wanted to give the assassin the rune of khaine (giving him an extra d3 attacks) but again not enough points. I will test out teh list over the coming weeks and see if i can manage to move a few points here and there. I'm namely looking at the harpies because I only have nine in a state of disrepair.

Though having two units of harpies, a master on pegasus and the assassin with the cloak that has a bound 'steed of shadows' spell does make one hell of a war machine/mage hunting posse. We will see how things play out, for now I have a list that took me the entirety of my work shift (6 hours) and I am completely satisfied with it. Lets see what my opponents think...

No comments: