Sunday, January 11, 2009

Preparing for war..

Looks like Goethe will get too see more of the old world soon, there is a tournament on the 7th of February a little less than a month away. Though I would love to bring my orcs i have a whole two models assembled and fully converted (pics soon I promise!). The prospect of a tournament actually makes me quite giddy, it's been awhile since anyone in the group has been to one.

So far the only details that I can get is that it is 2250 point tourney, I have never really played big games in fantasy. My Dark Elves were created for 1500pt battles when I first created them, which they easily dominated. I admit that I somewhat struggle when playing any games higher than that. I am JUST getting the hang of playing 2000 point games in fantasy.

Regardless my anticipation of getting back into the tourney scene overrides my inability to handle the army... I want to expand the army in a cost efficient way as I am trying to save some cash for future trips and fleshing out the orc army. Here is my list roughly...

Heros:
Goethe (master) w/ halberd, blood armor and pendant khaeleth
Sameth U'el (sorcerer) w/ lvl 2, dispel scroll and seal of ghrond
Nimue (sorceress) w/ lvl 2 and dispel scroll

Core:
Corsairs x15 w/ full command
Corsairs x10 w/ musician and champ
Crossbowmen x10 w/ shields
Crossbowmen x10 w/ shields
Spearmen x15 w/ full command
Harpies x5
Harpies x5

Special:
Cold One Chariot
Cold One Chariot
Executioners x12 w/ musician and champ
Shades x9

Rare:
Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower

this clocks in at more of less 1900pts give or take, I tried to stick to the theme of a raiding force on a black arc. Though I admit that chariots and executioners are selfish choices when it comes to going against the theme... The spear men will be modeled out of the new plastic corsairs. With a sort of shield wall being the first rank something like a moving mantlet.... I hope I can model it better than I can explain it lol.

This gives me more or less 350pts to play around with the thought of getting an assassin is highly tempting. I have an old school model which i might use to play test or possibly paint and press into service if cash is tight. Another favorite of mine would be a maser with a death mask riding a Pegasus, I could terror bomb some armies and go warmachine hunting the best of both worlds... ah well hopefully I get to test out the list on friday against mike. Tomorrow I am off from work so I think I will seize the opportunity to snap some pictures... till then!

1 comment:

Hoj said...

Ass, test vs. me on friday as well